There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Submissions are currently closed while we catch up on our queue and make selections for the Summer issue. We will reopen to submissions in January 2022.
Please read our full guidelines below carefully. Please also note that we able to receive a limited number of submissions per month. If there are no present calls for submissions, that means we've hit our cap and will reopen on the 1st of the next month. General Guidelines:
- Length: No more than 8 pages, which goes for any genre. All pages should be submitted in one single document. You may submit multiple genres at once, as long as they are in the same submission file and the total page count is no more than 8.
- Please wait for a decision on your submission before sending more work.
- We do not accept previously published work.
- We accept and encourage simultaneous submissions, but ask that you let us know as soon as your work is accepted elsewhere either by withdrawing the full submission or adding a note to your submission in Submittable for partial withdrawals. Please do not email partial withdrawals.
What we're looking for:
- While we have some aesthetic leanings, we're open to anything that you think we'd like. The best way to get an idea of what we publish is to read the most recent issue. That said, we like surprises. For upcoming issues, we're especially interested in seeing more visual poetry, translations, hybrid and experimental work, lyric essays, and work that doesn't fit neatly into boxes.
Our response time can be between 0-6 months. Email any questions to email@example.com. Please do not query about a submission until at least 6 months have passed. (Note: we are currently catching up on our queue after a difficult year; thank you for your patience.)